Bodywork & Massage is the application of various techniques to the muscular structure and soft tissues of the human body.
Massage is the application of soft-tissue manipulation techniques to the body, generally intended to reduce stress and fatigue while improving circulation. The many variations of massage account for several different techniques.
Bodywork is various forms of touch therapies that may use manipulation, movement, and/or repatterning to affect structural changes to the body.
Getting a massage can do you a world of good. Getting massage frequently can do even more. This is the beauty of bodywork. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you’ll be and how youthful you’ll remain with each passing year. Budgeting time and money for bodywork at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscle
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Increase joint flexibility
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system
- Release endorphins, amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller, and reduce anxiety
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress related. Perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. While eliminating anxiety and pressure altogether in this fast-paced world may be idealistic, massage can, without a doubt, help manage stress. Furthermore, clients often report a sense of perspective and clarity after receiving a massage. The emotional balance bodywork provides can often be just as vital and valuable as the more tangible physical benefits. By reducing stress you may experience:
- Decreased anxiety
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Greater energy
- Improved concentration
- Increased circulation
- Reduced fatigue
Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan!